Buy Flowering Shrubs For Sale Online
Flowering Shrubs for Sale at Garden Goods Direct
Are you looking to liven up your yard? Does the green grass look a little lack-luster on its own? Planting flowering shrubs especially in masses or groupings can add a natural pop of color to your landscape. From bright pastel colors to deep and vibrant blooms, flowering shrubs are the spice your landscape needs to perk up your yard and give it just the visual boost you’re looking for.
There are literally hundreds of varieties of flowering shrubs available, each with its own growing characteristics and care requirements. With so many options, choosing the right ones to fit your needs can be confusing.
At Garden Goods Direct, we don’t just sell flowering shrubs — we also give you the knowledge you need to choose the best ones for your yard as well as your own personal taste. Use our Hardiness Zone Finder to locate your hardiness zone. Woodie’s team of nursery experts is here to help. Just give us a call or shoot us an email and we’ll work to steer you in the right direction
What Are the Types of Flowering Shrubs
Flowering shrubs come in hundreds of varieties, each producing flowers of different shapes and colors. Even care options vary from shrub to shrub. A few of the types available from Garden Goods Direct include:
- Buddleia: Better known as Butterfly bushes, these plants thrive in full sunlight and feature long bloom seasons. Butterfly Bushes somewhat resembles a lilac. Buddleias are quick-growing shrubs that bloom in midsummer and attract butterflies as few other plants can. For a beautiful living display in your garden, buy full sun butterfly bushes online today.
- Lilacs: Lilacs give you a show twice a year, blooming in the early spring for a few weeks, then again from mid-summer through the fall. Buy lilac shrubs online through the Garden Goods Direct catalog to find varieties ranging from dark purple to bright pink.
- Azaleas: Azaleas are a popular flowering shrub choice throughout the United States, with their tapered blooms and luscious green foliage. At Garden Goods Direct, we offer several varieties of Azaleas, including the pink Ribbon Candy and yellow Lemon Drop, as well as the repeat-blooming Encore. Azaleas look great when they are planted in front of evergreen shrubs such as Privet Shrubs as the dark green backdrop highlights the blooms.
- Chokeberry: This upright fruit and nut shrub feature beautiful flowers and berries, offers something new with each season. The Black Chokeberry and Brilliant Red Chokeberry are two varieties we offer, both featuring beautiful white blooms and berries that add interest in the fall and winter.
- Camellia: Camellias are intensely popular evergreen shrubs most easily recognized for their small to medium-sized flowers. We offer several varieties, including the dark pink April Kiss, the pink and white Hana Jiman, the hot pink Kanjiro and the white Setsugekka.
- Crape Myrtle: This shrub is well-known for its picturesque leaves and showy flowers, as well as its attractive bark. Many customers choose crape myrtle shrubs for their year-round beauty.
- Viburnum: Buy viburnum shrubs online for a versatile shrub that blooms white in mid-spring. With fragrant flowers and colorful berries, these shrubs provide a beautiful look throughout the year.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron is a low-maintenance shrub available in a huge variety of colors. Closely resembling Azalea’s in appearance, rhododendrons thrive in a wide range of environments, making them an excellent choice for use as a foundation planting.
- Hydrangea: With flat clusters of tiny flowers, hydrangeas are white, blue or pink, and bloom in the early summer for several weeks of color. Hydrangea shrubs are the most recognized flowering plants and are a great fit if you’re looking for a classically beautiful shrub that’s easy to care for.
- Forsythia: Shop for forsythia shrubs online if you’re looking for an early-blooming shrub. With vibrant yellow, trumpet-shaped flowers, the forsythia bush is a welcome addition to any garden, growing up to 10 feet tall in optimal conditions.
- Barberry: Barberry shrubs come in a variety of colors from dark green to vivid red. These evergreens produce beautiful golden blooms in the spring for an added pop of color. Low-growing and easy to maintain, these shrubs are perfect for garden and walkway borders.
- Euonymus: These fast-growing shrubs offer a very broad range within the genus. Euonymus shrubs come in a wide variety of colors and sizes, from compact red burning bushes to large gold and green shrubs. All of them do very well in the sun and quickly adapt to most soil types. Low-maintenance and great choices for privacy hedges, these shrubs produce light-colored blooms.
- Roses: Rose bushes and climbing roses create a classically romantic look for your home, with their graceful beauty and variety of colors. These flowering shrubs complement both formal and informal gardens, adding a level of class to any home.
What Are The Benefits of Planting Flowering Shrubs at Your Home
Flowering shrubs are not only beautiful plants but they are easy to grow. A well-placed bush can add color and interest to your property, transforming an ordinary green yard into a gorgeous retreat. Flowering shrubs also improve your home’s curb appeal, making it inviting to guests and the envy of your neighbors.
In addition to their aesthetic appeal, flowering shrubs have an even greater, but less know benefit. They are an essential part of a natural healthy environment. Flowering shrubs not only improve your garden’s health, but they also play a larger role in sustaining the wildlife that surrounds. Flowers blossoms and the nectar they produce attract pollinators such as bees, butterflies, and birds that in turn play a critical role in pollinating other plants ensuring a healthy biotic lifecycle.
How to Pick the Best Flowering Shrubs for Your Property
It’s important to think about what you want out of your flowering shrub before making a purchase. Are you looking for a deciduous shrub that will shed its leaves each year or do you want an evergreen that will retain a richness of color in your yard over the winter months? Are you looking for something small and dwarf for a confined space or a spreading shrub that will help to screen or buffer an eyesore area in your yard?
Choosing the right flowering shrubs often comes down to aesthetic preference as well. Your own personal taste in flower color or leaf hue, as well as the overall color scheme of your home and garden influence which bloom colors you can feasibly choose.
If you’re not exactly sure which type of flowering shrub will best fit your needs, feel free to speak with one of our nursery experts today! We’ll make sure you find the flowering shrub to give you the yard of your dreams. Flowering shrubs are great items to start with when first planting your landscape. They give instant satisfaction and will tempt you to go to the next level.
How to Take Care of Your Flowering Shrubs
Caring for your flowering shrub starts the moment you plant it. The majority of flowering shrubs should be planted in the spring or fall, though in a few cases you’d be perfectly fine in summer. Before planting any shrubs in your yard, understand the plants' size at maturity and space accordingly to ensure that you’re giving the shrubs enough room to grow.
You also need to make sure that their placement will allow them enough sunlight to thrive. Dig the plant hole or pit as deep as the root ball and twice as wide. In other words, if you have a say a 3 gallon plant that’s 12” deep and 12’ wide dig the whole 12” deep and 24” width radius.
All flowering shrubs require healthy soil. Be sure that you amend soils as required to allow for proper drainage and oxygen as well as organic material for nutrient content and or fertilizer to supplement the plant's varying needs. A well-balanced soil base is essential for root development and long term plant health Good soils retain minerals and nutrients along with soil moisture which is the vehicle for uptake.
A healthy underlying soils base reduces overall subsequent watering, fertilizer and ongoing maintenance time that would otherwise be required for plants un unhealthy soil. Healthy Roots mean a healthy Plant.
If you have any questions about how to properly care for your bushes, shrubs or perennials, get in touch with Garden Goods Direct today!
Ready to Buy Your Flowering Shrubs? Contact Garden Goods Direct Today
If you’re ready to add flowering shrubs to your yard, Garden Goods Direct make it easy to order your dream shrub online and have it delivered directly to your door. As America’s Number One Online Garden Center, we offer an easy ordering solution so you can purchase your next flowering shrub with just a few clicks. And you can count on the quality and longevity of the shrubs since each of our plants earns Woodie’s Seal of Approval. That's why America chooses to buy trees and shrubs from us.
From Abelia to Winterberry Holly, we have every Tree and Shrub you could want, all available from our online store and ready for shipping nationwide. Garden Goods offers free shipping on all orders over $99. Why wait to buy your Flowering Shrubs today.