Buy Ornamental Grasses For Sale Online
Ornamental Grasses For Sale Online
When we talk about ornamental grasses, we aren’t talking about your usual lawn grasses. Ornamental grasses can add a bit of vertical presence to your garden, and they tend to be hardy enough to outlast most weather conditions. On top of that, the way they sway in the wind can lend a sense of motion to your landscape. Some types of ornamental grasses even have colorful blooms at their peaks, providing pops of color to your garden.
There’s a broad variety of ornamental grasses you can add to your landscape. At Garden Goods Direct, some of the popular options we offer include Carex, Miscanthus, Panicum and feather reed varieties.
What Types of Ornamental Grasses Are There?
Ornamental grasses come in a range of colors, sizes, and types, all united by their vertical nature and slender blades. Varieties we offer at Garden Goods Direct include:
- Carex: Also known as sedge, this evergreen shade plant is highly textured and easy-to-grow. It tends to grow in small bushes, with blades ranging from half a foot to over a foot in length. Carex Bowles Golden or Carex Evergold will bring a low-maintenance addition to your garden.
- Dwarf Pampas Grass: This showy ornamental grass blooms in the summer, producing long white spires of pure white plumes. Non-reseeding, this plant is extremely hardy, growing in most North American zones. If you’re looking for a low-maintenance ornamental grass for your garden, buy Dwarf Pampas Grass plants online today.
- Juncus Effusus: Also known as the common rush, this perennial grass is a typical North American plant that grows very well in moist to wet soils. With a spread of two to four feet, this plant is a great choice if you’re looking to add texture to your garden. It’s also a great moisture-loving addition to your landscape.
- Mexican Feather Reed: As the name suggests, the Mexican Feather Reed is feathery in appearance, making it wildly popular as an ornamental grass. With white tips and average two-foot lengths, this plant adds excellent texture and variety to any garden.
- Miscanthus: Also known as the silver grass family, these plants come in several colors, all with a silver-gray appearance. At Garden Goods Direct, we carry the Miscanthus Adagio Maiden Grass, Miscanthus Gracillimus, Miscanthus Little Zebra, Miscanthus Morning Light Maiden Grass, and Miscanthus Yaku Jima varieties.
- Panicum: These switchgrasses come in several colors, with long lengths and wide spreads that make it an excellent choice for a vertical garden addition. When you shop for Panicum plants online from Garden Goods Direct, you’ll find Panicum Heavy Metal Blue and Panicum Shenandoah varieties.
- Pennisetum Hameln: Also known as fountain grass, Pennisetum Hameln is a showy grass with silvery-yellow flowers along the tips. With a spread of over two feet on average, the Pennisetum Hameln is an excellent grass for a pop of color and texture in your garden.
- Pink Muhly Grass: With a pop of pink flowers, Muhly Grass is a colorful ornamental grass that adds depth and color to your garden. Growing over four feet tall on average, this highly resistant grass is a good choice for most landscapes and areas in need of a lovely spray of color.
Why Should You Plant Ornamental Grasses on Your Property?
You can find an ornamental grass variety to suit just about any climate or growing zone. Once planted, they take very little work to maintain. All that’s needed is a little bit of cutting back in the early spring and occasional watering during drought times. This low-maintenance perennial grass will keep growing back year after year, adding beauty and style to your garden.
Ornamental grasses are also aesthetically beneficial for any garden, adding texture, verticality, movement, and color to your landscape design. Border a walkway or flower bed with them, or make them the focal point of your landscaping work.
How Can You Find the Right Ornamental Grasses for Your Home?
Choosing the best ornamental grass for your home starts with finding the right grass for your local area. Not all ornamental grasses are suited to all climates, so try to find one that’s compatible with your local zone. While many kinds of grasses are drought and pest-resistant, this isn’t universal, so try to pick one that’s compatible with your area’s local pests and climate concerns.
Once you’ve narrowed down your options, consider how you plan to use your ornamental grasses — whether you’re looking for a tall centerpiece, a mid-sized border group or something small to fill in space. Color combinations and variety are also factors to consider while choosing an appropriate grass for your landscaping project.
How Do You Care for Your Ornamental Grasses?
One of the best aspects of grasses is their hardiness. Nearly all types of ornamental grasses are relatively drought-resistant and require little water. Few require much in terms of soil moisture, either. However, it’s still a good idea to regularly care for your sun ornamental grasses to keep them healthy and disease-free. Check the requirements for your ornamental grass plant before planting it or starting a care regimen.
For most ornamental grasses, choose soil locations that are moist but well-drained, preferably mixed with some fertilizer to support initial growth. Adding mulch each year in the spring is also a good plan to help retain soil moisture and prevent weed growth. Check your plants regularly for signs of pests or disease, and stay updated on any pests or disease outbreaks in your area that might affect your ornamental grasses.
Shop for Ornamental Grasses With Garden Goods Direct
Now that you know more about ornamental grasses and your options, work with Garden Good Direct to get your next plant! As America’s number one online garden center, Garden Goods Direct has a selection of guaranteed quality ornamental grasses for your landscaping needs.
Buy your next ornamental grasses online from Garden Goods Direct and have them delivered directly to your door. Let us help you re-green your property and your life!