Buy Evergreen Shrubs For Sale Online
Evergreen Shrubs For Sale Online | Garden Goods Direct
Evergreen shrubs form the backbone of your garden providing structure and interest during all four seasons of the year. Whether large or small, there is usually one to suit any size garden. Most Evergreens require very little maintenance which means you’ll spend less time caring for your garden and more time enjoying it. Evergreen does not mean just green leaves, there are blues, golds, and variegated varieties. Evergreens can be flowering evergreen shrubs such as Camellias or ground cover plants like the very versatile Juniper family of shrubs. Evergreens are mostly thought of as plants with needles, but evergreens can also be broad-leaved such as Photinia or Schip Laurel which produce flowers and make perfect privacy barriers. Evergreens can be used to create"Garden Rooms” which are great for any size garden. As our yards become smaller sometimes you may just need a little privacy to enjoy your morning coffee on the patio or a quiet candlelight dinner on the deck.
You can trust that you have Woodie's personal guarantee of only providing you with the very best proven varieties of top-quality, low-maintenance Evergreen Shrubs.
If you’re considering purchasing evergreen shrubs for your garden, consider Woodie’s approved Evergreen shrubs. They offer numerous benefits for beginning gardeners and landscape enthusiasts alike.
What Are the Types of Evergreen Shrubs
While the word ‘evergreen’ often elicits thoughts of Christmas trees decked out in tinsel, the ‘evergreen’ designation covers a wide variety of plant material. Evergreen shrubs that have needles for foliage, such as Thuja firechief, are classified as conifers, but not all evergreens are conifers. Plants such as Euonymus Green and Gold are known as broad-leaved evergreens because of their larger leaves, which persist all year. Not all of these plants are green, either. Brass Buckles holly is bright yellow while the foliage of Nandina ‘Flirt is a deep burgundy red.
A few varieties of evergreen shrubs include:
- Nandinas: Nandina shrubs offer a myriad of colors from reds to pinks and yellows. They lend a tropical feel to even northern gardens with their bamboo-like foliage. A few of our favorite varieties are Nandina Flirt and Nandina Obsession.
- Junipers: Juniper shrubs are common needled evergreens that are very easy to grow, and are commonly found lining paths and driveways. They should be considered the workhorses of the landscape due to their drought tolerance and ability to grow in even the poorest of soils. Blue Chip, Gold Lace and Sargents Green are a few varieties of juniper that we offer, any of which work well as a low natural hedge or ground cover.
- Boxwoods:Boxwoods are low-maintenance shrubs that work wonderfully for hedges as well as landscape focal points. These traditional hedge plants come in several varieties, including the new ‘Baby Gem’, ‘Golden Dream’ and classic Wintergreen.
- Camellia:Camellias are intensely popular evergreen shrubs that are most easily recognized by their medium to large sized flowers that appear in either late fall to early winter or late winter into early spring depending on the variety. Camellia Kramer’s Supreme is our favorite spring bloomer while Camellia Yuletide puts on a fantastic show during the holiday season of early winter.
- Cherry laurels: Cherry laurels are beautiful, low-maintenance evergreens that produce mildly fragrant flowers in the spring. They are receptive to pruning and great choices for both naturalizing and, both the Otto Luyken laurel and the Skip laurel are wonderful additions to any landscape.
- Holly: Hollies are beautiful, easy to grow evergreens with dark green or golden leaves that provide beautiful year-round interest for your landscape. We offer the more easily recognized Christmas Jewel Holly, as well as the Brass Buckles, Compact Japanese, Steeds and Densa Inkberry varieties, each with their own unique shapes and textures.
- Euonymus: Euonymus shrubs are an easy-to-maintain choice, with shiny leaves in beautiful hues from creamy white and yellow-edged varieties to dark green. They are very forgiving and can provide plenty of “pop” to an otherwise dull winter landscape. We offer the Silver King, Manhattan, Golden, Emerald Gaiety and Emerald n’ Gold varieties, among others.
What Are the Benefits of Planting Evergreen Shrubs
The most attractive benefit of evergreen shrubs is their year-round beauty and their ability to provide a sense of stability. With an evergreen shrub in your yard, you have the constant focal point that won’t lose its leaves every winter. They can also provide the ability to conceal eyesores in your yard, like utility meters or air conditioning units.
On top of their appearance, evergreen shrubs are useful for their practical benefits. Evergreens help promote the health of your soil by providing ground shelter for wildlife, including beneficial soil builders like worms. They’re also relatively pest-resistant and low-maintenance, making them more desirable plants overall. This resilience also makes them the perfect choice for beginning gardeners.
How to Pick the Right Evergreen Shrubs for Your Home
The best evergreen shrubs for your home depend on your intentions for the plant. Is it going to be a focal point at the front of your house, or are you looking for something to edge your garden or lawn? A colorful evergreen with blooms such as a camellia may be a good choice for the former, while a more humble Juniper might suit the latter.
Appearances are also important to consider. If you have a dark-colored home, for example, you may want to find lighter-colored shrub such as Nandina Lemon Lime to provide more contrast. If you are looking to cover up eyesores, a larger, more expansive shrub-like Juniper Sargents Green might be a good choice. Choose the best option to match your visual goals as well as your functional ones.
If you’re not sure which evergreen shrub will best fit your yard and your needs, we can help! Call Garden Goods Direct to speak with one of our nursery experts, and we’ll match you with the perfect evergreen shrub for your area.
How to Care for Evergreen Shrubs
Evergreen shrubs are not all the same, so what works for one may not work for the other in terms of care and environment. In general, evergreen shrubs require little maintenance beyond the occasional watering and pruning. Just be sure when planting to choose a slightly drier location, since evergreens don’t do well in soggy soil. Yearly fertilization and mulching are recommended to keep your evergreen shrub at its healthiest and most vigorous condition.
At Garden Goods Direct, Woodie’s nursery experts will be happy to answer any questions you might have about the care and maintenance of your evergreen shrubs.
Want to Buy Evergreen Shrubs? You Can Find Them at Garden Goods Direct
As America’s number one online garden center, we’re proud to offer a wide selection of evergreen shrubs for you to choose from. Whatever type of evergreen you desire, everything from hollies to boxwoods, we can deliver.
Every single plant we sell has earned Woodie’s Seal of Approval, so you can be sure of the health and quality. Talk to Woodie or one of our nursery experts today — we’re here to help you find the perfect evergreen shrub to give you your dream yard. Shop our selection of evergreen shrubs online!