Palms for Sale Online
Palm Trees have always had a place in homes and gardens around the world. They instantly adapt to any condition and require little to no maintenance. great for beginners and children of all ages these plants are a great way to be introduced to the "growing" hobby of indoor plants. Palms are also very efficient air cleaning plants so why not add beauty and function to your home, apartment or office today.
What Types of Palm Trees Are There?
Palm Trees are by far some of the most popular plants for interior decorations, with their long leaves and sultry appearance. Some of the palm varieties you’ll find at Garden Goods Direct include:
- Neanthe Bella Palm: A commonly sold tabletop palm, this palm plant is often used as a filler among other plants. Propagating quickly and growing well in low to medium light, this plant is very hardy, whether you’re keeping it as a houseplant or garden plant.
- Roebelenii Pygmy Date Palm Trees: Native to southeastern Asia, this variety of palm tree is commonly used in landscaping, growing indoors and outdoors, depending on the growth conditions. Growing from six inches to two feet per year, the pygmy date palm grows best in partial shade to full sun in sandy loam and a warm climate. Some pests and diseases pose a problem for these palm trees, though they’ll depend mainly on the area in which you live.
- Sago Palms: A popular houseplant, the Sago Palm is known for its feathery foliage. With wide-spread plumes of leaves, this plant is a stunning sight. Best kept in brightly lit, semi-humid, and consistently warm temperatures, Sago palms prefer well-drained soil. Generally, they’ll bloom every three years after maturity in the spring.
- Ponytail Palms: Ponytail Palms look like they were taken straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. The thick trunks produce a "ponytail" of grassy green foliage at the top. The leaves twist and curl as they cascade, resembling human hair.
- Majesty Palms: Majesty palm tree is a low maintenance palm houseplant that adds classic good looks to indoor and outdoor spaces. Majesty Palms are the easiest palm to grow indoors and the most popular.
- Bamboo Palms: The Bamboo Palm is loved by many for its ability to efficiently clean the air in a home. They are a beautiful addition to a low light area in your room or office.
- Windmill Palm Trees: Windmill Palms are a cold hardy palm tree with an attractive, compact crown with large, stiff, fan-like, green foliage and distinctive hairy black fibers covering its slender, graceful trunk. They are hardy to Zone 8 but are often seen growing happily in zone 7. No need to worry about early cold weather.
- Bismark Palms: Bismark Palms are one of the most elegant, massive, and desirable fan palms you can plant. Powder blue fans will make this an instant conversation starter in your home.
Why Should You Buy Palms for Your Home?
Palm Trees are popular houseplants for an excellent reason. Hardy and easy to maintain, palm plants are some of the best plants for beginning plant owners. They require consistent temperatures and humidity, and do well with a reasonably regular watering and fertilizing schedule. Even better, they’re affordable!
Palm trees are also revered for their beauty. With luscious leaves formed in feathered patterns, they’re relaxing to behold and serve well both as a centerpiece and a desk or table decoration.
In addition to their unique benefits, palm trees offer several benefits to your home, including cleaning the air. Palms, like all plants, turn carbon dioxide into oxygen, improving the air quality of your home. Having plant life indoors helps to bring about a sense of calm and well-being — one of the best advantages to re-greening your life!
How Can You Find the Right Palm Plants for Your Home?
Choosing a palm for your home depends mostly on the look you want to achieve. The Majesty Palm is an excellent choice for a slightly taller houseplant, while the Sago Palm tends to be medium in size, appropriate for feathery-leaved floor decoration. The Neanthe Palm is the smallest available option at 1 to 2 feet tall and serves well as a tabletop decoration with its delicate leaves.
Think about where you want to place your palm, and the aesthetic goal you’re after.
How Do You Care for Your Palm Plant?
Each palm requires slight differences in terms of care, but most palms require a good amount of strong sunlight and regular watering schedules. Fertilization is also a necessity. Though indoor palms need much less fertilizer than your average outdoor plant, proper nutrition will help keep them green and lush.
It’s also important to consider heat and humidity when caring for palm plants. While temperature is rarely an issue in indoor settings, humidity tends to be an issue — dry air can result in palm leaf damage over time, so it’s important to keep home humidity above 50% if possible. Adding a dish of pebbles filled with water under the palm often will help with this.
If you’re not sure how to appropriately care for your palm plant, or notice your palm plant is having issues, please call Garden Goods Direct. One of our nursery experts would be happy to help you and give advice on the proper care of your palm plant!
Contact Garden Goods Direct to Buy Palms
If you’re interested in purchasing a palm plant for your home, shop online with Garden Goods Direct. As America’s number one online garden center, we have an excellent selection of high-quality palms for sale and are our staff of plant experts is happy to provide you with the advice you need to care for them.
Shop Garden Goods Direct today and see our selection of Woodie’s Approved palm plants!