Maple Trees for Sale Online
Maple trees have been providing beauty and shade to american landscape for many years. Maple Trees can grow to heights of more than 70 feet. The fall colors of maple trees are second to none. Maples produce unique, vibrant fall colors in shades of yellow, red, orange, and burgundy. Maple trees are fast-growing shade tree and are very easy to maintain. There is a wide range of Maple Tree varieties that will complement any landscape, including many hybrids. From the statuesque Red Maple to the iconic Sugar Maple trees, there all nearly endless options to choose from. If your in the market for a smaller tree check out or large selection of Japanese Maples, Many of which are perfect for smaller yards.
How to Use Maple Trees in the Landscape
Maple trees are favorites in the home landscape and commercial landscape setting, especially in the North-Eastern part of the United States. These trees add vibrant color and glossy leaves throughout the growing season. They provide much-needed shade and can be planted in just about any soil type. Maples should be planted in full sun or partial shade.
The root system of maple trees tends to grow downward rather than on the surface, so planting near foundations and sidewalks poses no problems.
Maple trees also attract a variety of birds and wildlife into the yard. Many birds find the maples strong horizontal branching structure perfect for nesting.
Types of Maple Trees:
Red Maples - Red maple trees are also known as Swamp maples. They are native to North America. Red Maples such as Autumn Blaze red maple and October Glory are perfect for lawns of all sizes and provide shade quickly with their fast growth rates.
Red maples can reach heights of 50 feet to 60 feet tall. They are very popular for the show they put on during the fall months.
Japanese Maple - Japanese maples are perhaps the most easily recognized maple tree due mostly to their red color. They are most often used as specimen trees in landscapes. Japanese maples are smaller than their North American cousins.
Japanese Maples are typically planted in front yards where they are used as focal points. They have a slower growth rate and the taller varieties top out at heights of 20 to 25 feet when fully mature.
Japanese maples are not often used as shade trees due to their smaller size. Taller varieties such as Bloodgood Japanese Maple provide about the best-filtered sun we've ever seen. They allow just enough sunlight to allow other plants to grow underneath but not heat up the area. A well-grown Japanese maple tree is perfect for use as a cover for sitting areas or patios in smaller gardens.
Why plant Maple trees?
Maple trees are easy to grow, sturdy, long-lived and typically low maintenance. In addition to the brilliant fall color, maple trees also have a beautiful shape that will compliment any landscape setting.
One of the most significant benefits of maple trees includes shading the sunny side of your home to help keep the entire home cooler in the summer. In the fall the leaves drop to let the winter sun help heat the house.
When planting young maple trees regardless of the species or type, be sure not to bury the root ball below the soil line. We always say that after planting, you should be able to see the top of the growing soil.
Easy to Grow Maple Trees
- Autumn Blaze Maple: Autumn Blaze Maple Tree is an improved hybrid with brilliant, long-lasting orange-red fall color, a uniform branching habit, and a rapid growth rate. Thrives in warm climates extending well into the deep south and west; will tolerate wet soils with good drainage.
- Autumn Flame Maple: A nice addition to any landscape situation, the Autumn Flame Red Maple brings a vibrant red, orange accent to any yard. It's a moderate growing maple that has a distinguished fall color on the iconic three-pronged maple leaf.
- Brandywine Red Maple: Brandywine Red Maple is a male selection. This means it can be used in the landscape without fear seedlings popping up all around the landscape.
- October Glory Maple: October Glory Maple is an outstanding shade Tree. The Green Leaves turn to bright orange to deep, reddish-purple color in the fall. Its a tall tree with a dense, rounded crown. Foliage is held on the tree later into fall than with most other maples.
- Bloodgood Japanese Maple: Bloodgood Japanese maple trees are a tried-and-true specimen plant. One of the easiest to grow and hardiest of the Japanese maples. You’ll love the burgundy foliage.
- Coral Bark Japanese Maples: Coral Bark Japanese Maple is a beautiful small tree that has brilliant red-coral bark on its young branches with color that intensifies in the winter. Acer Sango Kaku will be your favorite winter interest plant for sure.
If you are looking for a tree that will add brilliant color during the bleak days of fall, look no further than a maple. With proper planting and care, the tree will dress up the landscape for years to come and between the many types, there's a maple suitable for everyone's desires.
Maple trees are a wonderful addition to any garden, and Garden Goods Direct can provide quality specimens from a convenient source. As America’s number one online garden center, we help you with anything you need to get the right trees for your garden. We offer an easy online ordering solution and expert advice on tree care. You'll know you’re getting quality every time you shop with us.
Maple Trees are among the fastest-growing shade trees available. They are an excellent disease and pest-free choice for privacy or specimen trees. Their attractive fall colors are a perfect way to bring fall color to any garden and they will bring permanence to your property for many years.
Maple trees provide beautiful year-round interest for homeowners, especially those in the Northern United States. Particularly beautiful are the red maple trees, with their beautiful fall colors and branching structure. Available in multiple sizes and colors. Maple trees are easy to care for and provide a flexible solution for homeowners of all gardening skills.
If you’re looking to buy Maple Trees online for your garden, consider Woodie’s approved Maple Trees from Garden Goods Direct. We provide you with the trees you want. We also help you with Maple planting tips to make the most of your investment.