Juniper Shrubs for Sale Online
Juniper vary size and shape. Junipers are an easy to grow evergreen and can be low spreading ground-cover type plants, mid-sized spreading shrubs or columnar, upright types. Junipers are one of the most low maintenance plants you can grow and are excellent choices for any landscape. Junipers thrive in full sun and well-drained almost dry soils. Junipers thrive where little else will grow. Although they prefer acidic soil, they will grow equally as well in soil that is not acidic. They also do very well in Containers or Patio Pots due to their ability to withstand drought conditions. Junipers can be used for groundcovers and foundation plantings as well as to frame an entrance or create privacy. They are especially helpful in preventing soil erosion, weed control, and planting on difficult to access parts of a landscape where they will receive little care. Junipers are very drought tolerant and perform quite well in rock gardens or just plain rocky soil. Most varieties of juniper require very little pruning if any.
Types of Junipers
Junipers for Groundcover or Low Hedges:
- Blue Chip Juniper: Blue Chip Juniper is a low evergreen shrub with silver-blue foliage on a full spreading habit. The foliage retains its vibrant color all year long.
- Blue Pacific Juniper: Blue Pacific Juniper is a versatile, sprawling ground cover that tolerates hot, dry locations in full sun. Blue Pacific cascades over retaining walls. Particularly useful in sandy areas along coasts or dunes.
- Sargent Green Juniper: The Sargent Green Juniper is a popular form of juniper that is perfect for use as a low evergreen ground-cover or hedge. Drought Tolerant and loves the hot sun.
Upright Juniper Shrubs for Privacy Hedges or Specimen planting:
- Gold Lace Juniper: Attractive, Lacey, green to blue-green to brilliant gold foliage on this adds year-round contrast to the landscape. It's compact, but spreading branches grow upright at a 45-degree angle displaying a spectacular form that makes an excellent, colorful specimen or for mass plantings.
- Blue Point Juniper: The Blue Point Juniper is a densely branched evergreen Juniper with a naturally pyramidal growing growth habit. The Blue-green foliage of the Blue Point Juniper stays consistent year-round and requires little to no maintenance once established. This selection is drought tolerant, deer resistant, will adapt to many soil types, and very easy to grow.
- Hollywood Juniper: Hollywood Juniper is an upright, medium-sized evergreen with erect branches that have an appealing rustic appearance. Foliage is a dense and vibrant green.
- Blue Point Juniper Spiral Topiary: The Blue-green foliage of the Blue Point stays consistent year-round, and requires little to no maintenance once established. This selection is trimmed into a spiral form.
How to Care for your Juniper Shrubs:
Juniper Shrubs are best planted in Full to Partial Sun as this is where they produce the densest and colorful foliage without stretching. Very little is needed as far as care is concerned with Junipers.
Supplemental watering is sometimes beneficial during periods of prolonged drought. They respond very well to pruning and therefore make a great hedge. Junipers benefit from a supplemental application of acid in the soil when planted. Soil acidification can be accomplished with applications of Soil Acidifier by Espoma.
When your ready to add Junipers to your landscape Let us help you. Check out the many varieties available through Garden Goods Direct.
As American’s number one online nursery, we make sure that garden lovers everywhere can order our carefully inspected plants easily online with the click of a button. We ship our plants and trees across the country, meaning you can stock up on as many as you need to fill your landscape with color and fragrance. Shop our other selections of Woodie’s approved Evergreen Shrubs online today!