Espoma Organic Cactus Mix for Sale Online
Espoma Organic Cactus Potting Mix contains a premium blend of peat humus, sand, sphagnum peat moss, and perlite and is enriched with Myco-tone.
This potting mix provides optimum aeration and drainage, improves plant and soil moisture retention, reduces drought stress, and promotes root growth. Perfect for Cacti, Palms, and Citrus plants which benefit from the added drainage.
About Your Espoma Organic Cactus Mix
- Select a container that is larger than your plants current pot, and has a drainage hole at the bottom with the tray beneath it to catch excess water.
- Fill container to 1/3 full with Cactus Potting Soil Mix.
- Carefully remove the plant from its current container and gently loosen the root ball.
- Center the plant in the new container and fill it with additional Cactus Mix.
- Allow at least 1 inch between the rim of the pot in the top of the soil.
- Gently pat down the next and add more if required.
- Make sure the plant is about the same depth in the soil as it was in the original container.
- Wait 1 or 2 weeks, then water thoroughly with a slow gentle spray and allow to drain.
Re-potting: Cactus, succulents, palm, and citrus should be re-potted annually into the next larger size pot. Best time to do this is early spring. After re-potting, place into a shaded area for one or two weeks. Watering: Always water thoroughly so that water flows from the container’s drainage holes. Soil should be allowed to dry between waterings. Never leave water standing in saucer. Water can be greatly reduced for most plants during the winter months. Light: Cactus and most succulents grow in semi-desert, and therefore need the best light you can provide. The only exception to this is the first week or two after re-potting (place in shaded area). Feeding: Feed with Espoma Organic Gro-tone, a natural liquid plant food beginning one month after planting.