Buy Aglaonema House Plants for Sale Online
Buy Aglaonema House plants Online
Aglaonema or Chinese Evergreen is easy to care for, low maintenance tropical Plant that does best in low to medium light away from drafts. The foliage really makes a statement when planted in a brightly colored pot. The6″ containers are small enough to be used as a table centerpiece or to brighten a corner of the room or office.
Chinese Evergreens are a type of clean air plant, known for removing benzene and formaldehyde from the air inside your home. The beauty and functionality of Chinese Evergreens are matched with its easy care.
Growing Aglaonema in the Home or Office
Aglaonema requires little to no maintenance. Bright, almost reflective foliage matches with virtually any decor and lighten any kitchen, living room, bathroom or bedroom. Aglaonemas also tolerate low fluorescent to bright, indirect light.
Chinese Evergreens are known to clean the air of benzene and formaldehyde. Aglaonemas are a well-known clean air plant.
Aglaonemas are considered by many to be the best and most rewarding indoor houseplant for beginners. Make Aglaonemas your stepping stone to plant success.
What types of Aglaonema are there?
Pink Leaved Aglaonema: Pink Dalmatian Chinese Evergreen or Pink Aglaonema is a fun plant that requires little to no maintenance. Splashes of pink dot the leaves and offer a pop of color to your kitchen, living room, bathroom or bedroom.
Chocolate Aglaonema: Chocolate Aglaonema Plants are a dark green plant with light pink to red veins that require little to no maintenance. It gets its name from the almost chocolate look to the dark green leaves mixed with red.
Aglaonema Silver Bay: Aglaonema Silver Bay is a silvery-green plant that requires little to no maintenance. Bright, almost reflective foliage matches with virtually any decor and lighten any kitchen, living room, bathroom or bedroom.
Aglaonema Osaka: Aglaonema Osaka or White Aglaonema has white speckled leaves with green edges. Bright, unique foliage matches virtually any decor and lightens any kitchen, living room, bathroom or bedroom.
Aglaonema Jubilee: Aglaonema Jubilee Plants are a green plant with a white center and more narrow leaves than the other Chinese Evergreens.
Aglaonema Maria: Aglaonema Maria or Maria Chinese Evergreen has a green-leaved plant with white stripes. It also produces more narrow leaves than the other aglaonemas.
Tips for Keeping Aglaonemas Healthy
- Light: Understanding the light requirements of Aglaonema is simple. The darker green varieties of aglaonema such as Aglaonema Chocolate can grow in near shade. The variegated varieties such as Aglaonema Osaka require brighter light. Do not expose any aglaonema to the direct sun as this will burn the leaves.
- Watering: Water thoroughly and more often during the summer. In the winter when the air is dryer mist the plant often to raise the humidity. During the winter, reduce watering being careful to not let the plant dry out completely.
- Temperature: Aglaonemas do not like cold drafts or temperatures below 65 degrees. Be sure to keep it away from drafty windows or vents.
- Soil: A well-drained soil is recommended. We recommend Espoma Organic Potting Mix. We have found this soil to retain the perfect amount of moisture needed for aglaonemas to thrive.
- Fertilizer: Feed your aglaonema plants with a slow-release fertilizer such as Osmocote Plus indoor/outdoor fertilizer. If you prefer to feed as you water we recommend Jack's Classic Houseplant special plant food. However, there are endless types of houseplant fertilizers available today and if you have one you prefer to use that.
Aglaonema plants are generally slow-growing and will only need repotting every other year. When re-potting your aglaonema is necessary it is recommended that you only go up pot sizes 2 or so inches.
Why Choose plants Woodies Garden Goods Direct?
Let’s face it; not everyone has vast expanses of large sunny windows. Apartment dwellers, for example, may have a north-facing exposure where no direct sunlight enters the windows. Homeowners who enjoy the shade of large trees which aid in cooling of the home often lacks bright sunlight. If this is you then consider the Aglaonema is your first or next houseplant.
If you’re looking to purchase the perfect low light house plant for your home or office interior, consider Woodie’s Approved collection of Aglaonemas from Garden Goods Direct. As America’s number one online garden center, we offer a broad selection of houseplants, along with advice from our plant experts you need to keep them healthy. From Aglaonema to ZZ Plants, we have a vast selection of house plants, all available from our online store. Buy your Chinese Evergreen plants online from Garden Goods Direct today!