Shipping Protection Policies
Covering your Shipment with Package Protection
Garden Goods Direct Shipping Protection is here to support the customer in the event of any issues that may arise while your order is on its way to you. We’re here to take on what can be an unnecessarily complicated and stressful claims process with carriers and retailers so that you don’t have to.
Insurance must be purchased at the time of checkout and cannot be added after your order has been completed.
Filing a Claim:
- If your item arrives damaged, unusable, or otherwise in an unacceptable condition, or has been lost in transit, we invite you to submit a claim with customer service right away.
- When emailing customer service, make sure to include "Shipping Protection Claim" in the subject line.
- Please remember to include pictures of the item(s) and packaging.
- Claims must be filed within 5 days from the date it was marked as delivered.
Our Shipping Protection Policy considers a "damaged item" to be a broken product that is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent or crushed due to shipping conditions. A Customer Service Agent will determine if the product is unusable. In the event the product is considered unusable, a refund, partial refund or replacement will be offered.
For your consideration:
- In addition to plants damaged in transit, damages to insecticides or herbicides bottles or containers are also covered, as well as broken pottery and other non-plant products.
- If an item is broken and needs to be disposed of (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances for proper and safe disposal. The customer does not need to ship it back to the retailer (unless the retailer otherwise approves a return).
- Shipping Protection does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), manufacturing damages, or defective plants. At our discretion, we may offer a partial refund depending on the severity of the damage.
- In the event of live plant material perishing due to stress in transit, Customer Service will determine claim eligibility.
NOTE: We do not cover packages lost to potential theft after an order has been delivered to its destination.