Privacy, Screening, & Buffer Tree Types | Buy Privacy, Screening Trees
Everyone enjoys having a bit of privacy in their yard. But since good fences don’t make good neighbors, why not add a natural barrier to your property instead? Our fast-growing privacy trees are perfect for putting some dense greenery around your property to screen your yard. Woodie’s approved privacy trees will keep away prying eyes and add instant noise insulation to your house. The best part is — they look lovely and can fit in with any style of yard!
Have you considered adding privacy trees to your yard, but aren’t sure where to start? Sometimes we just need privacy, especially in our yards. Our yards are where we go to get away from it all when we can’t actually get away from it all. If you’re not interested in expensive fencing that needs yearly maintenance, consider adding a ‘live’ wall to your yard with privacy trees, screening trees and buffer trees from Garden Goods Direct. Trees and shrubs can create a beautiful and natural screen full of blooms and foliage that are eye-catching instead of being an eyesore. You can choose your view and what your neighbors see of your home and yard by using privacy trees. If needed, it’s also an easy way to add a windbreak to protect your property and other plants. Ask your partners in gardening at Garden Goods Direct on where to start! We’re committed to helping you find the perfect privacy tree for your yard. You can choose from hollies, cypresses, pines, junipers and more. Here’s everything you need to know about this style of tree.
Types of Privacy Trees
Privacy trees tend to be large and thick. Their dense foliage is perfect for creating ample privacy in your yard while also deadening any unwanted noise. Varieties include:
- Leyland Cypresses: These hardy, dense conifer trees grow rapidly to make excellent hedges and windbreaks. With an average mature height of 40 to 50 feet and beautiful greenish-gray foliage, you’ll have the tall hedges you want with a touch of soft color.
- Foster, American and Nellie Stevens Hollies: Known for their slick leaves and bright red berries, holly trees produce thick, compact foliage to provide a natural screen around your yard. Holly trees also make a great accent or specimen tree!
- Eastern White Pines: If you have a spacious yard to fill, our Eastern White Pines are the right privacy trees for you! With feathery, fine needles spreading to create a soft canopy, Eastern White Pine trees provide a beautiful texture to any natural barrier.
- Blue Point Junipers: Blue Point Junipers are tall, narrow trees that are great for anyone with a smaller yard looking for a low-maintenance privacy tree. A hardy tree, the Blue Point Juniper shoots up fast and can withstand extreme weather conditions like heat and drought.
- Arborvitae Emerald Green and Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae: If you’re looking for a privacy tree that thrives in humidity and heat, check out our Arborvitae Emerald Green and Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae trees! With the ability to hold their rich green color year-round, these trees don’t require much pruning, making them a great low-maintenance privacy tree.
The Benefits of Using Privacy Trees
Using privacy trees allows you to get the buffer you want without offending your neighbors. Instead, you add beauty to your yard and improve its health. These trees help clean the air around them. They can offer a cover to shade perennials and absorb more carbon dioxide than smaller plants. With a variety of textures and shades of green, these trees let you create the privacy you need while adding style to your yard.
Creating a buffer zone of trees also allows you to more clearly define your space. They section off your property so it’s clear what belongs to you. When you entertain, you won’t have to worry about keeping your neighbors up late, because your trees will absorb the noise.
How to Find the Right Variety of Privacy Tree
There are many types of privacy trees. The right one for you will depend in part on the shape of your yard. Do you have limited space? If so, you may want to choose a tree that grows in a pyramid shape, such as a juniper, that won’t take up as much space. But if you have a large yard, a tree that spreads out such as arborvitae or cypress will be perfect for you. If you are trying to hide a pool, you will also want denser privacy trees that help to cover up your pool.
If you’re not sure what privacy tree to choose for your yard, don’t hesitate to talk to one of our nursery experts. We’re here to help you find that perfect natural barrier to give you the yard of your dreams.
How to Care for Privacy Trees
Each tree requires slightly different care, but generally speaking, your privacy trees need well-drained yet moist soil. Our privacy trees can survive without watering for longer periods than other yard trees and overall care requirements are minimal in comparison.
Some privacy trees require light fertilizing every spring. You should check them regularly for signs of blight, which can spread quickly among trees placed close together for privacy. You’ll also want to look for signs of pests, such as browning leaves, blistering bark or heavy needle loss.
Mulching around the trees can help keep moisture levels high. Consider doing it each spring, putting two to three inches around the base but not touching the trunk and covering visible roots. Make sure the trees receive exposure to full sunlight at least six hours per day and water as directed to keep them healthy.
If you’re not sure how to care for your privacy trees, talk to a Garden Goods Direct nursery expert today. Our experts are available to answer any questions you might have.
Buy Your New Privacy Trees Online From Garden Goods Direct
We sell fast growing Leyland Cypress, Emerald Green Arborvitae, Nellie Stevens Holly Trees, Cryptomeria, Pine Trees and Juniper Trees. We have privacy trees for sale that are perfect for your landscape. You can easily create a privacy tree screen that will bring beauty to your yard year after year while giving you the privacy buffer from your neighbors that you crave!
When you need privacy trees, check out the many varieties available through Garden Goods Direct. As American’s number one online nursery, we make sure that garden lovers everywhere can order our carefully inspected plants easily online with the click of a button. We ship our plants and trees across the country, meaning you can stock up on as many as you need to fully line your property and add the privacy you desire. Shop our selection of Woodie’s approved privacy trees online today!