Shop for Flowering Shrubs Online | Garden Goods Direct
Are you looking to liven up your yard? Does the green grass look a little lack-luster on its own? Planting flowering shrubs especially in masses or groupings can add a natural pop of color to your landscape. From bright pastel colors to deep and vibrant blooms, flowering shrubs are the spice your landscape needs to perk up your yard and give it just the visual boost you’re looking for.
Butterfly Bush (Buddleia)11 products
Dogwood Shrubs4 products
Euonymus shrubs (Burning Bush)1 products
Forsythia Shrubs1 products
Mahonia Shrubs2 products
Miscellaneous Flowering Shrubs44 products
Spirea Shrubs8 products
Viburnum Shrubs5 products
Crape Myrtle Shrubs13 products
Drift Groundcover Roses7 products
Hydrangea Shrubs26 products
Knockout Roses6 products
Lilac Shrubs3 products
Rhododendron Shrubs1 products
There are literally hundreds of varieties of flowering shrubs available, each with its own growing characteristics and care requirements. With so many options, choosing the right ones to fit your needs can be confusing. At Garden Goods Direct, we don’t just sell flowering shrubs — we also give you the knowledge you need to choose the best ones for your yard as well as your own personal tastes. Woodie’s team of nursery experts is here to help. Just drop us a line or shoot us and email and we’ll work to steer you in the right direction
Types of Flowering Shrubs
Flowering shrubs come in hundreds of varieties, each producing flowers of different shapes and colors. Even care options vary from shrub to shrub. A few of the types available from Garden Goods Direct include:
- Buddleia Lo and Behold (Butterfly Bushes): Better known as miniature butterfly bushes, these plants thrive in full sunlight and feature long bloom seasons. A compact bush that somewhat resembles a lilac, butterfly bushes are quick-growing shrubs that bloom in midsummer and attract butterflies as few other plants can. For a beautiful living display in your garden, buy butterfly bushes online today. Drought and heat tolerant, these plants are attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds and come in several varieties, including violet, pink and white.
- Lilacs: Lilacs give you a show twice a year, blooming in the spring for a few weeks, then again from mid-summer through the fall. Buy lilac shrubs online through the Garden Goods Direct catalog to find varieties ranging from dark purple to bright pink.
- Azaleas: Azaleas are a popular flowering shrub choice throughout the United States, with their tapered blooms and luscious green foliage. At Garden Goods Direct, we offer several varieties of Azaleas, including the pink Ribbon Candy and yellow Lemon Drop, as well as the repeatedly-blooming Encore.
- Chokeberry: This upright fruit and nut shrub features beautiful flowers and berries, offering something new with each season. The Black Chokeberry and Brilliant Red Chokeberry are two varieties we offer, both featuring beautiful white blooms.
- Camellia: Camellias are intensely popular evergreen shrubs most easily recognized for their small to medium sized flowers. We offer several varieties, including the dark pink April Kiss, the pink and white Hana Jiman, the hot pink Kanjiro and the white Setsugekka.
- Crape Myrtle: This shrub is well-known for its picturesque leaves and showy flowers, as well as its attractive bark. Many customers choose crape myrtle shrubs for their year-round beauty.
- Viburnum: Buy viburnum shrubs online for a versatile shrub that blooms white in mid-spring. With fragrant flowers and colorful berries, these shrubs provide a beautiful look throughout the year.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron are low-maintenance shrubs available in a huge variety of colors. Closely resembling Azalea’s in appearance, rhododendrons thrive in a wide range of environments, making them an excellent choice for most locations.
- Hydrangea: With flat clusters of tiny flowers, hydrangeas are white, blue or pink, and bloom in the early summer for several weeks of color. Hydrangea shrubs are a great fit if you’re looking for a classically beautiful shrub that’s easy to care for.
- Forsythia: Shop for forsythia shrubs online if you’re looking for an early-blooming shrub. With vibrant yellow, trumpet-shaped flowers, the forsythia bush is a welcome addition to any garden, growing up to 10 feet tall in optimal conditions.
- Barberry shrubs come in a variety of colors from dark green to vivid red. These evergreens produce beautiful golden blooms in the spring for an added pop of color. Low-growing and easy to maintain, these shrubs are perfect for garden and walkway borders.
- Euonymus: These shrubs offer a very broad range within the genus. Euonymus shrubs come in a wide variety of colors and sizes, from compact red bushes to large gold and green shrubs. All of them do very well in the sun and quickly adapt to most soil types. Low-maintenance and great choices for privacy hedges, these shrubs produce light-colored blooms.
The Benefits of Planting Flowering Shrubs at Your Home
Flowering shrubs are beautiful plants. A well-placed bush can add color and interest to your property, transforming an ordinary green yard into a gorgeous retreat. Flowering shrubs also improve your home’s curb appeal, making it inviting to guests and the envy of your neighbors.
In addition to their aesthetic appeal, flowering shrubs have an even greater, but less know benefit. They are an essential part of a natural healthy environment. Flowering shrubs not only improve your garden’s health, they play a larger role in sustaining the wildlife that surrounds. Flowers blossoms and the nectar they produce attract pollinators such as bees, butterflies and birds that in turn play the critical role in pollinating other plants ensuring a healthy biotic lifecycle.
How to Pick the Best Flowering Shrubs for Your Property
It’s important to think about what you want out of your flowering shrub before making a purchase. Are you looking for a deciduous shrub that will shed its leaves each year or do you want an evergreen that will retain a richness of color in your yard over the winter months? Are you looking for something small and dwarf for a confined space or a spreading shrub that will help to screen or buffer an eyesore area in your yard?
Choosing the right flowering shrubs often comes down to aesthetic preference as well. Your own personal taste in flower color or leaf hue, as well as the overall color scheme of your home and garden influence which bloom colors you can feasibly choose.
If you’re not exactly sure which type of flowering shrub will best fit your needs, feel free to speak with one of our nursery experts today! We’ll make sure you find the flowering shrub to give you the yard of your dreams.
Caring for Flowering Shrubs
Caring for your flowering shrub starts the moment you plant it. The majority of flowering shrubs should be planted in the spring or fall, though in a few cases you’d be perfectly fine in summer. Before planting any shrubs in your yard, understand the plants size at maturity and space accordingly to ensure that you’re giving the shrubs enough room to grow. You also need to make sure that their placement will allow them enough sunlight to thrive. Dig the plant hole or pit as deep as the root ball and twice as wide. In other words if you have a say a 3 gallon plant that’s 12” deep and 12’ wide dig the whole 12” deep and 24” width radius.
All flowering shrubs require healthy soil. Be sure that you amend soils as required to allow for proper drainage and oxygen as well as organic material for nutrient content and or fertilizer to supplement the plants varying needs. A well balanced soil base is essential for root development and longer term plant health Good soils retain minerals and nutrients along with soil moisture which is the vehicle for uptake. A healthy underlying soils base reduces overall subsequent watering , fertilizer and ongoing maintenance time that would otherwise be required for plants un unhealthy soil. Healthy Roots mean a healthy Plant.
If you have any questions about how to properly care for your flowering shrub, get in touch with Garden Goods Direct today!
Ready to Buy Your Flowering Shrubs? Contact Garden Goods Direct Today
If you’re ready to add a flowering shrub to your landscape, you can order your dream shrub now through Garden Goods Direct. As America’s Number One Online Garden Center, we offer an easy ordering solution so you can purchase your next flowering shrub with just a few clicks. And you can count of the quality and longevity of the shrubs, since each of our plants earns Woodie’s Seal of Approval.
Order from Garden Goods Direct and have your flowering shrub delivered right to your door! Shop our selection of flowering shrubs online today.