Birch Trees For Sale Online | Garden Goods Direct
Birch trees are widely loved for their impressive bark coloration and delicate foliage patterns. Several birch species are used in landscapes but can pose problems if you don’t know how to care for them properly.
For the quality birch trees and care advice you need, consider Garden Goods Direct. Woodie’s Approved birch trees are the best quality trees on the market, and our nursery experts can offer the advice you need to keep them healthy for years to come
What Types of Birch Trees Are There?
Several types of birch trees are commonly used in landscaping, all sharing some basic characteristics. Averaging around 40 to 50 feet in height, birch tree leaves turn yellow in the fall, creating beautiful autumn displays. They’re also known for their distinctive bark patterns, ranging from white to red in color. Several varieties are available from Garden Goods Direct.
The paper birch is a common choice for those looking for unique trees, with bark that peels, creating a parchment-like look. The gray birch is also a common choice, recognized for its distinctive white trunk. The river birch is another option, native to the eastern United States and recognized by its bark that peels in small sections.
Why Should You Plant Birch Trees on Your Property?
Birch trees are recognized and loved for their beauty. In the spring and summer, their leaves provide beautiful color ranging from soft blue-green to a dark, vivid emerald shade. In the autumn, they change color to varying shades of yellow and gold, creating stunning displays. On top of this color, birch trees also have unique bark colors and patterns, ranging from white to reddish-brown.
Birches are also highly functional, working both as ornamental plants and as privacy barriers and windbreaks. Most birches grow well in North America and are relatively drought and disease resistant, making them an excellent choice for gardeners of all experience levels and locations.
How Can You Find the Right Birch Trees for Your Home?
Before choosing the best birch tree variety for your home, first decide how you will use the tree. Birches are beautiful for ornamental purposes, whether you’re purchasing a specimen or a group. They can also be used as a privacy barrier or windbreak when grouped closely together. Just be sure to plant them in a location where they’ll be exposed to full or partial sunlight, and choose a variety appropriate for your location.
Beyond these considerations, your choice in birch tree will largely be an aesthetic one.
How Do You Care for Your Birch Trees?
Birch trees are beautiful yet particular plants. As short-lived specimens, birch trees only live up to 50 years when maintained well, and may only last a fraction of that time if they are not appropriately cared for. To ensure your tree lives a long and healthy life, here are a few birch tree planting and maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- Birch trees like cool, moist soils, so it is important to plant them in areas with shaded, moist soil. To attain this, choose an area with full to partial sun and some surrounding plant life to keep the soil shaded.
- You can help maintain moisture by adding moderate amounts of mulch.
- Be sure to add birch tree fertilizer to the soil regularly to ensure healthy root growth.
- Once established, birch trees require regular watering, ideally once or twice a week.
- Birch tree maintenance is also essential, as birch tree growth problems and diseases are relatively common. Birch tree trimming and pruning should only occur in the early spring so that the plant can heal before the birch tree blooming season.
- Insecticides may also be a good choice, as wood borers are a common problem for birch trees.
- Always be vigilant during your care routine, and look for signs of disease so they can be treated quickly.
Contact Garden Goods Direct Today to Buy Your Birch Tree
For a tree with unparalleled beauty, birch trees are a wonderful choice for your garden. As one of the best sources of birch trees and America’s number one online garden center, you can trust Garden Goods Direct for a healthy birch tree. Once you order them through our secure online ordering solution, we’ll deliver your Woodie-approved tree directly to your door and help you get started growing your birch tree the right way.
Order a birch tree today from Garden Goods Direct!