Deer-Resistant Lavender Perennials for Sale | Garden Goods Direct
With their floral fragrance and violet flowers, deer-resistant lavender perennials bring a range of sensory delights to gardens and even the home. If you’re interested in adding this wondrous perennial to your landscape, consider our deer-resistant lavender perennials for sale at Garden Goods Direct.
Types of Deer-Resistant Lavender Perennials
If you love the look or fragrance of lavender, you’ll be delighted to know it comes in several deer-resistant varieties. At Garden Goods Direct, we nurture a few favorites of gardeners, including:
- Lavender ‘Phenomenal’: What gardeners love about this newer deer-resistant lavender perennial is its hardiness, tolerating both extreme winters and summers. These perennials are also resistant to foliar and root disease. They grow up to 2.5 feet tall, with spreads of 4 feet.
- Lavender Hidcote: As a mainstay of herb gardens, this perennial features a fragrant foliage, which also makes it ideal for scented gardens. This variety is also useful in rock gardens and perennial border fronts. With its classy, compact mound form it grows up to 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide.
- Lavender Provence: If you’re fond of making potpourri — or interested in trying — this perennial is a beautiful Its blossoms release a fragrance that attracts butterflies and invigorates your home. At maturity, it can reach a height and width of 3 feet.
The most noticeable difference you’ll find when browsing deer-resistant lavender perennials for sale is their mature size, blossom color and preferred growing zone. While deer-resistant lavender ‘phenomenal’ perennials are the most versatile, other varieties can offer a stronger fragrance and smaller spread.
Why Plant Deer-Resistant Lavender Perennials?
With their beauty and aroma, it’s no wonder why gardeners love to plant deer-resistant lavender perennials. Aside from the sensory experience they bring to gardens, you can cut fresh blossoms to add fragrance to your home or craft project.
This perennial also attracts wildlife to your gardens, including butterflies and birds. Many varieties, such as the deer-resistant lavender provence perennial, are tolerant of droughts, dry soils and rabbits, as well.
Tips for Choosing the Right Variety of Deer-Resistant Lavender Perennials
To choose the right variety of perennials, our nursery experts recommend considering the following:
- Your growing zone
- Your garden space
- Each variety’s soil, sun and water preferences
- Each variety’s maintenance requirements
By knowing what your favorite varieties require to thrive, you can pick the best ones for your landscape.
How to Care for Deer-Resistant Lavender Perennials
Once your deer-resistant lavender perennials arrive on your doorstep, find a spot in a well-drained area and with full sun. You’ll also want to make sure the place you’ve picked features soil that’s dry to medium in moisture. Many varieties prefer alkaline soil.
As your deer-resistant lavender perennials thrive, remove any faded flowers to encourage continued bloom. You’ll also want to prune your deer-resistant lavender perennials every three years in the spring. Our nursery experts recommend taking eight inches off, which will promote new growth.
Contact Garden Goods to Buy Deer-Resistant Lavender Perennials Today
With their lively aroma and violet colors, deer-resistant lavender perennials are a beautiful addition to gardens. Even though they require a bit of care, many gardeners add this perennial to their landscape — including our nursery experts, who nurture these plants from seed.
Buy your deer-resistant lavender perennials today from the number one online garden center in America!