Deer Resistant Dianthus Perennials for Sale | Garden Goods Direct
With their fluorescent pink blooms and appealing fragrance, deer resistant dianthus perennials are rising in popularity among rock gardens, fragrance gardens and more. If you’re looking for a beautiful selection of deer resistant dianthus perennials, consider ours at Garden Goods Direct.
Types of Deer Resistant Dianthus Perennials
Numerous varieties of deer resistant dianthus perennials are available for your landscape, including:
- Dianthus neon star: Because of the plant’s dazzling flowers, the deer resistant dianthus neon star perennial’s name could not be more fitting. This hybrid variety is renowned for its heat tolerance and undeniable good looks when featured in containers. It grows in zones three to nine.
- Dianthus kahori: While newer, the deer resistant dianthus kahori perennial is becoming a fast favorite of gardeners. Its lilac-pink flowers thrive in growing zones three to eight and bloom from the late spring to early summer. In some cases, they may even flourish once more in the fall.
- Dianthus firewitch: As a winner of the Perennial Plant Association’s Plant of the Year Award in 2006, the deer resistant dianthus firewitch perennial offers frilled petals, as well as a clove scent that brings border fronts and even stone walls to life. Growing zone three to eight is ideal for this variety.
- Dianthus bath’s pink: One of the most well-known perennials is the deer resistant dianthus bath’s pink perennial, which offers exceptional heat and humidity resistance. This perennial also attracts butterflies and flourishes in growing zones three to eight.
While alike in their magenta blooms and butterfly attraction, deer resistant dianthus perennial variations offer slight differences in their degree of tolerance, blooming patterns and growing zones.
Why Plant Deer Resistant Dianthus Perennials?
Gardeners select deer resistant dianthus perennials for their gardens due to the plants’ tolerances. They’re fantastic for homes in the Southern U.S., as many varieties have a high tolerance for heat and humidity. Deer resistant dianthus perennials are also free from diseases and insect problems.
You may also use deer resistant dianthus perennials in numerous ways throughout your landscape. Use them to add color to a stone wall, create a sharp contrast within your rock garden, provide a smart edging to your favorite pathway or establish a colorful cluster of ground cover.
Tips for Choosing the Right Variety of Deer Resistant Dianthus Perennials
To choose the best variety of deer resistant dianthus perennials, our nursery experts recommend the following:
- Consider your growing zone
- Review your varieties and their soil and sunlight preferences
- Compare your intended garden space and a variety’s mature size
- Decide how you would like to use aXXX plant within your landscape
Thinking about these factors in advance ensures you choose a perennial that will flourish under your care.
How to Care for Deer Resistant Dianthus Perennials
Find a space in the full sun with well-drained soil for your deer resistant dianthus perennials. Create a hole that’s as wide as their root system. With depth, do not exceed the soil line. Add a two-inch layer of mulch to help lock in moisture and add nutrients. Water daily until your perennials are established.
Contact Garden Goods to Buy Deer Resistant Dianthus Perennials Today
With their bewitching blossoms and heat tolerance, deer resistant dianthus perennials are an excellent plant for homes in the Northern and Southern U.S. that need a vibrant color on their landscape. At Garden Goods Direct, we nurture these wondrous, Woodie-approved perennials from seed, giving them the care they need before they can take root in your garden.
Buy your deer resistant dianthus perennials from the number one garden center in America today!