Buy Lawn Fertilizers Online | Garden Goods Direct
Whether you’re entertaining, gardening or relaxing, the beauty of a lush green landscape is undeniable. Like your gardens, you nurture your lawn, giving it fertilizer to improve its soil and encourage its grasses to establish themselves, creating a beautiful landscape in the process. If you’re looking to buy lawn fertilizer for your home, consider our selection of lawn fertilizers at Garden Goods Direct.
Types of Lawn Fertilizers for Sale
At Garden Goods Direct, we provide the following lawn fertilizers for sale:
- Espoma All Season Lawn Food
- GreenView Fairway Formula Fall Fertilizer
- GreenView Starter Fertilizer
- GreenView All Season Lawn Food
If you’re looking for an organic option, the Espoma All Season Lawn Food is perfect!
Why Use Lawn Fertilizers?
For most gardeners, lawn fertilizers are an essential management practice. By fertilizing your lawn, you’re providing it with the necessary nutrients to thrive and also improving its pH, which plays a significant role in the success of your grasses. With fertilizer applications, you can often correct soil that’s too acidic or alkaline, which otherwise serves as a weak foundation for establishing root systems, a critical factor in preventing weed outbreaks and maintaining a beautiful lawn.
Tips for Choosing the Right Type of Lawn Fertilizer
Selecting the best lawn fertilizer requires a bit of research into your soil’s pH levels. You should also ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a warm or cool season lawn?
- What type of grass do you have?
- How hard or moist is your soil?
- Do you want an organic fertilizer?
Depending on your responses, you may buy a lawn fertilizer designed for cool season lawns, which often benefit from a fall application of fertilizer. Or, if your lawn is made up of hard clay soil, you may select a fertilizer for newer lawns, which require additional nutrients and care to establish grasses with a deep root system. Some lawn fertilizers, like the Espoma All Season Lawn Food, are for both cool and warm season lawns.
How to Use Lawn Fertilizers
After choosing the right lawn fertilizer, you’ll have to plan your fertilizer schedule, which varies by the following two types:
- Cool: For a cool season lawn, you can fertilize in the spring and the fall. If you prefer a low-maintenance property, however, our nursery experts recommend only fertilizing in the fall between September and October at a rate of one to two pounds of nitrogen per 1000 square feet. For spring feedings, aim for a May application and use 0.5 to one pound of nitrogen per 1000 square feet.
- Warm: For a warm season lawn, you want to fertilize based on your grass type. If your property features Bermudagrass, for instance, you can feed every month with one pound of nitrogen for every 1000 square feet beginning in May and until the end of its active growth period. In comparison, you should only fertilize your zoysia grass from May to July with 0.5 pounds of nitrogen per 1000 square feet.
Overall, you want to bring your lawn’s pH level to between 6.3 and 7.2, which you can confirm with at-home pH tests every three to five years.
Buy Lawn Fertilizer From Garden Goods Direct Today
Seeing your lawn transform into a lush retreat surrounded by your colorful garden is a rewarding experience. At Garden Goods Direct, we offer a selection of the best lawn fertilizers for achieving your vision, as well as the tools for choosing and using a fertilizer, such as pH soil testing kits and seeders.
Buy your lawn fertilizer online today at Garden Goods Direct!