Buy Trowels and Hand Tools Online | Garden Goods Direct
It’s the quintessential gardeners’ tool: the trowel. Throughout the seasons, you rely on it, whether you’re planting your annuals, dividing your perennials or pulling out small weeds. If you’re looking to buy garden trowels, consider our selection, which includes quality trowels and hand tools approved by Woodie and the team of nursery experts at Garden Goods Direct.
Types of Trowels and Hand Tools for Sale
Like the number of iris varieties available, lawn trowels also arrive in several shapes and sizes, including:
- Transplant: Uses a thin blade and pointed tip to transplant plants
- Tulip: Features three tips and a deep-dished blade, reminiscent of a tulip, to cut into clay soil
- Ladle: Rotates to create round, clean holes with its rounded blade and extended tang
- Tissot: Divides clusters of plants in half with a broad, flat blade, plus cuts into hard soil
- Digging: Removes pebbles and other tiny stones from gardens with a dagger-shaped and pointed blade
- Planting: Serves as a suitable trowel for planting flowers in all soils, as well as smaller gardens
- Potting: Fits into planter pots with ease, making it and its curved edges ideal for potting
- Weeding: Leverages weeds out of gardens with a long, forked-end blade
- Dixter: Offers a thin extended blade with a round end for working in rock gardens
Of course, there is also the traditional type of trowel for almost every gardening activity.
Why Use Trowels and Hand Tools?
Gardening without tools, except when you’re picking plump strawberries and fresh spinach, is often a challenge. With a trowel, you can do so much, from planting your newly arrived bulbs to weeding your gardens in anticipation of summer blooms. Without a tool, you’d have to make planting holes and remove weeds with deep taproots by hand, which would make your landscaping endeavors a bit more challenging.
Tips for Choosing the Right Type of Trowel and Hand Tool
If you’re debating between trowels, our nursery experts can offer some advice. To start out, they recommend considering the following factors:
- Handle length
- Blade material
- Ergonomic design
- Intended use
Often, you’ll find a set of trowels are ideal for everything you want to accomplish in your garden, especially if you live in an area with hard, rocky soil.
How to Use Trowels and Hand Tools
In your garden, you can use trowels and other hand tools for several tasks, including to:
- Gather soil for testing
- Remove weeds
- Plant bulbs, seedlings and more
- Clean grass from patio tiles
- Divide plants
Keep in mind that for some of the above gardening tasks, you’ll need a specific trowel type, such as a Tissot trowel for dividing plants.
Buy Trowels and Hand Tools From Garden Goods Direct Today
As the quintessential gardening tool, trowels are a must-have addition to your gardening toolkit. At Garden Goods Direct, we offer a selection of garden trowels for sale. Our nursery experts select them, and Woodie approves them, ensuring you receive a set of hand tools that are ready to dive in, whether your soil is hard or moist.
Buy your garden trowels and hand tools today from America’s number one online garden center!