Buy Shovels, Spades and Forks Online | Garden Goods Direct
Every garden begins with a shovel, which is why it’s one of the first tools gardeners purchase when they start planting shrubs, building beds and making pathways across their home’s landscape. If you’re searching for a new shovel, spade and fork for your gardening endeavors, consider our quality selection at Garden Goods Direct, which features tools trusted by our nursery experts and approved by Woodie.
Types of Shovels, Spades and Forks for Sale
While spades come in similar designs, there are several types of shovels for gardening, including:
- Edging: Creates definitive edges for gardens and helps separate perennials when dividing them
- Pointed, Round or Square Digger: Cuts through the soil to make planting holes or remove plants for transplanting
- Flat: Scoops up soil and mulch with ease for transfer to and from wheelbarrows
- Trench: Produces shallow trenches for planting, as well as for running power, such as to a pond garden
Different types of forks are also available for purchase, including:
- Garden: Removes patches of compacted soil
- Digging: Harvests root vegetables with ease and without damage, letting you enjoy your produce
- Border: Offers service to gardens too small for garden shovels
- Compost: Stacks and turns compost piles with a sharp set of tines
As you’ll find, you can buy lawn spades, shovels and forks with a variety of handle types, such as wood, steel and fiberglass.
Why Use Shovels, Spades and Forks?
If you’ve worked without the assistance of a shovel, spade or fork, you know how helpful they can be when gardening. These are essential tools for gardeners, like trowels, loppers and rakes, because they reduce your labor and make your experience gardening that much more enjoyable. When you’re able to create planting holes, edge gardens and aerate soil with minimal effort, it lets you provide even better care to your plants.
Tips for Choosing the Right Type of Shovel, Spade or Fork
When you’re shopping for your shovels, spades and forks, our nursery experts recommend asking yourself the following questions:
- How will you use the shovel, spade or fork?
- What material do you prefer for your tools?
- Is there a preferred handle length for your fork, spade or shovel?
How to Use Shovels, Spades and Forks
With shovels, spades and forks in your gardening shed, you can do so much, such as:
- Create raised gardens, patios, borders, pathways and more
- Harvest root vegetables, like potatoes
- Move mulch, soil, compost and more
- Rotate soil and mix-in soil amendments and fertilizers
- Make holes for new trees, shrubs and flowers
- Uncover roots for removal with loppers and picks
If you live in an area with severe winters, you can even use your square digger shovels for breaking sheets of ice.
Buy Shovels, Spades and Forks From Garden Goods Direct Today
Beginning your landscaping adventures and stocking your garden shed, is a thrilling journey. At Garden Goods Direct, our nursery experts are excited to help you begin your gardening endeavors, which is why we offer a variety of Woodie-approved shovels, spades and forks for sale, along with expert advice from our passionate team.
Buy your garden spades, forks and shovels today at the leading online garden center in America!