Tropical Plants for Sale Online | Garden Goods Direct
Tropical plants are a welcoming addition to any home interior, with their exotic shapes and colors drawing universal interest. From birds of paradise to fruit trees, tropical interior plants can serve both decorative and utilitarian purposes in your home, filtering air while bringing aesthetic joy.
Though these plants may require some extra care to keep them healthy, it’s worth it for the cheerfulness and color they bring to your interior design.
What Types of Tropical Plants Are There?
Tropical houseplants include a wide variety of different plants, all of which require more tropical climates to grow and thrive. Since they need more consistent heat and humidity, tropical plants are well-suited to most interior environments.
At Garden Goods Direct, some of the tropical plants we offer include:
- Cast Iron Plant: An extremely hardy houseplant, this potted plant is an Asian native with broad, thick leaves that are nearly indestructible.
- Fruit Trees: Looking for a fruit-producing houseplant? Garden Goods Direct offers several trees that can grow inside, like the Meyer Lemon Tree, Navel Orange Tree, Persian Lime Tree and Key Lime Tree.
- Palms: Palm trees are low-maintenance houseplants with long leaves that often appear in feather patterns. We carry the Roebelenii Pygmy Date Palm, Sago Palm and Ponytail Palm varieties.
- Snake Plant: Snake plants are distinctive for their long rigid leaves pointing toward the sky. Varieties include the Snake Plant Black Coral and Snake Plant Moonshine, each with its own variation in color.
- Weeping Fig: Also called Ficus Benjamina, these fig trees are excellent indoor plants with lush, rounded leaves that add excellent decoration to any interior.
- White Bird of Paradise: With enormous leaves and exotic white flowers, the white bird of paradise is a beautiful plant for any collection.
Why Should You Buy a Tropical Plant for Your Home?
Tropical plants are popular choices for houseplants because of their natural suitability for interior environments. Most tropical plants grow in relative shade, living under large trees in the wild. They’re also content in consistently warm environments, meaning your home’s normal temperature is perfect for their needs. Even better, most tropical plants require little maintenance outside of regular watering.
How Can You Find the Right Tropical Plant for Your Home?
Choosing the best tropical plant for your home largely depends on your home’s conditions. Some plants require more bright light and humidity than others, and may not be suitable for homes with low-light conditions or dry air. The height of the plant is another factor to consider since not all homes have room to support small trees.
Once you’ve settled on the size and type of tree you’re after, all you need to decide on an aesthetic. Are you looking for a hanging plant to drape from the ceiling or a colorful centerpiece for your dining room? If you want a more bountiful plant, you might also consider purchasing a fruit tree.
How Do You Care for Your Tropical Plant?
Most tropical plants are relatively easy to care for in indoor environments. Provided they have enough light, are potted properly and are regularly watered, the majority of tropical plants will thrive in indoor environments. However, it’s important to pay attention to the specific needs of your tropical plant. Some plants require more bright light and humidity than others, while some require less water. For specifics, refer to the information card provided with your plant, or speak to a nursery expert at Garden Goods Direct.
There are a few things to keep in mind with tropical plant care. Avid overwatering tropical plants, as their roots may start to rot if their soil is too moist. Houseplants in general also require regular rinsing or dusting, as the collection of dust on leaves can interfere with photosynthesis. Pests like spider mites can also pose a problem for indoor plants, so regularly check for signs of infestation.
Buy Your Tropical Plants from Garden Goods Direct Today
If you want a tropical houseplant in your home, you can order one online with Garden Goods Direct. As the number one nursery in America, we offer a huge variety of houseplants and can deliver them directly to your door. Even better, all of our plants are inspected by Woodie to ensure health and longevity.
Order your tropical houseplant online from Garden Goods Direct!