Houseplants For Sale Online | Garden Goods Direct
Houseplants are a welcoming addition to any home interior, adding color and life to a room. Between their air quality and aesthetic benefits, choosing a houseplant for your interior decoration instantly elevates your space. Available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colors, there is a houseplant to match every aesthetic and design scheme.
What Types of Houseplants Are There?
“Houseplant” is a term that applies to a wide variety of small plants, ranging from succulents to small trees. The shared features between these plants are their relatively small size and tolerance for consistently warm conditions, which make them ideal for indoor environments.
The houseplants we have available at Garden Goods Direct include:
- African Violet: Available in a variety of colors and sizes, these easy-to-keep houseplants resemble typical violets in shape and color and have dark green foliage along the base.
- Aloe Vera: Lauded for both agricultural and medicinal uses, Aloe Vera is a common houseplant that grows well indoors — it’s a beautiful addition to any home decor style.
- Anthurium: A popular tropical flower also known as the Flamingo Flower, it has a heart shaped leaf and a fleshy spike growing from the center. Buy Anthurium plants online for an exotic addition to your home.
- Arrowhead Plant: This vine-type plant is a common houseplant that grows well in hanging baskets or trained on trellises. These easy-to-grow plants suit multiple aesthetics.
- Asparagus Fern: Not truly a fern plant, the asparagus fern is a common shade plant that grows easily, producing a feathered foliage. Buy Asparagus Ferns online for a good indoor hanging plant or porch decoration.
- Burgundy Ficus: Alternatively known as the rubber plant, this is an ornamental ficus with deep burgundy leaves that make it a unique potted houseplant.
- Cast Iron Plant: An extremely hardy houseplant, this potted plant is an Asian native with broad, thick leaves that are nearly indestructible.
- Chinese Evergreen: Another hardy houseplant, the Chinese evergreen has variegated leaves featuring pink interiors with bright green edges. The Pink Dalmatian variety features more purple and pink spots and darker green edges, while the Red variety has dark red edges. Buy Chinese Evergreens online if you’re looking for a colorful and easygoing houseplant.
- Croton: Also known as Rushfoil, Crotons are variegated plants with beautiful coloration, featuring green leaves speckled with purple, red and gold, depending on the variety. They’re the perfect plant to add a pop of color to your home.
- Desert Rose: An east African native, this plant produces bright, trumpet-shaped flowers on its succulent stems and is very forgiving.
- Dracaena: Consisting of trees and succulent shrubs, the Dracaena group of plants is easy to care for, with long leaves varying in color from reddish green to silver-edged. When you shop for Dracaena plants online with Garden Goods Direct, you’ll find Janet Craig Dracaena, Dorado Dracaena, Lemon Lime Dracaena and Limelight Dracaena varieties.
- Dwarf Umbrella Tree: Alternatively called Schefflera Arboricola, the umbrella tree plant is a woody, easy-to-maintain plant with shiny oval leaves that grow in a delicately rounded formation.
- Figs: Fig trees are unique indoor plants with lush, rounded leaves that add excellent decoration to any interior. At Garden Goods Direct, we carry several varieties, including the Little Fiddle Fig Standard, Ficus Benjamina Weeping Fig, Fiddle Leaf Fig Bush and Fiddle Leaf Fig Standard.
- Fruit Trees: Looking for a houseplant that can produce fruit of its own? Garden Goods Direct offers several fruit trees that can grow inside, like the Meyer Lemon Tree, Navel Orange Tree, Persian Lime Tree and Key Lime Tree.
- Pothos: The Pothos plant is a hardy indoor plant that grows well in minimal light and water conditions. Buy Jade Pothos or Neon Pothos plants online for a lush plant that suits any beginning interior gardener.
- Kalanchoe: This succulent is a popular houseplant that produces clusters of beautiful red and pink flowers. They’re the perfect colorful addition to your home interior garden.
- Lipstick Plant: The Lipstick Plant is a unique plant with waxy, densely curled leaves and red tips that resemble a tube of lipstick.
- Money Tree: Alternatively known as the Malabar chestnut, the Money Tree is told to bring good fortune and luck to its owners. With a thick base and a delicate canopy, the Money Tree is a beautiful tree with a legendary story.
- Norfolk Island Pine: These evergreen plants appear as small groups of Christmas-Tree-like sprouts. They’re not cold hardy, so they’re more of a challenging houseplant with a holiday vibe.
- Palms: Palm trees are low-maintenance houseplants with distinctive growing patterns. At Garden Goods Direct, we carry the Roebelenii Pygmy Date Palm, Sago Palm and Ponytail Palm.
- Peace Lily: These popular houseplants are surprisingly resilient and forgiving, with distinctive cupped white leaves with spikes of flowers growing from the center.
- Rabbits Foot Fern: This fern plant is named for its furry rhizomes, which resemble rabbit feet hanging out from below the fern base. Buy Rabbits Foot Ferns online for an easy to grow fern with a unique look.
- Rattlesnake Plant: This popular tropical plant is an excellent, if demanding, houseplant. Native to Brazil, the unique plant is relatively tall, with rippling patterned leaves.
- Snake Plant: Snake plants are distinctive for their long, rigid leaves pointing toward the sky. Varieties include the Snake Plant Black Coral and Snake Plant Moonshine, each with its own variation in color.
- Spider Plants: Another easy-to-grow hanging houseplant with a unique look, spider plants produce arching clumps of foliage.
- Streptocarpella: Also called the Concord blue, the Streptocarpella is a relative of African Violets with small succulent leaves. If you’re looking for an easy-to-grow flowering plant, try Streptocarpella plants.
- Venus Fly Trap: These famously carnivorous plants are native to the subtropical wetlands of the American East Coast — this unique plant has a morbid beauty to it.
- Wandering Jew: This beautiful hanging plant features beautiful coloration, with purple undersides and striped top sides. Buy Wandering Jew plants online for a unique addition to your hanging plant collection.
- White Bird of Paradise: With enormous leaves and exotic white flowers, the white bird of paradise is a beautiful plant for any collection.
- Wire Vine: This sprawling evergreen plant has round, glossy leaves that are dark in color. Hardy, wiry and thick, wire vines are good groundcovers as well as houseplants.
- ZZ Plant: This glossy-leaved houseplant is the hardiest of the hardy, which makes its alternative name, the “Eternity Plant,” make sense.
Why Should You Buy Houseplants?
Houseplants are a great choice for interior decoration, both for utility and aesthetics.
On the utility side, houseplants are beneficial for your home’s internal conditions. One of the primary benefits of having houseplants in your home is the fact that they produce clean air, taking in carbon dioxide to produce oxygen. Some plants, like spider plants, even help eliminate indoor odors. Additionally, plants like aloe vera have medicinal properties.
Aesthetically, houseplants add a bit of greenery to your interior design, giving a sense of calm to your home. Peaceful and elegant, houseplants are universally appreciated and come in a wide variety to suit any taste. Choose a hanging ivy for some overhead charm or a colorful flower for a centerpiece — you have plenty of options.
How Can You Find the Right Houseplants for Your Home?
Choosing a houseplant for your home does take a little bit of planning. If you have any pets, make sure the houseplant you choose isn’t poisonous to them. You might also consider how often you’ll be home to water your plant — some plants require much more care and attention than others.
You may also need to consider the size of your plant. For example, though the idea of having an indoor fruit tree may be attractive, not everyone has the room or light required to keep one.
Once you have a good sense of what type of plant is right for you, the next priority is to find one that suits your aesthetic preferences. Are you looking for a colorful focal point for your room or something more discreet to place on a windowsill? You might also consider how the color of the plant will interact with the rest of your interior decorations.
How Do You Care for Your Houseplants?
Caring for your houseplant requires considering its specific needs, which are usually detailed on an instruction card that comes with your plant. Since the word “houseplant” covers such a huge variety of different plants, care instructions will tend to vary from plant to plant. Make sure that your plant is placed in a location with plenty of light and warmth. If you have any questions about how to care for your houseplant, talk to one of the nursery experts at Garden Goods Direct today!
In general, houseplants will come ready to put in a pot of your choosing using potting soil. Be sure to give your plant room to grow, and water it regularly after potting to give it a good start. However, be sure not to overwater your plant — one of the leading causes of houseplant death is overwatering, as this causes a plant’s roots to rot. Regularly clean your plants to get rid of any built-up dust, and groom them to avoid branch crowding.
It’s also a good idea to check your plant for signs of insect infestations and diseases since these can kill a houseplant quickly if left unchecked.
Contact Garden Goods Direct Today to Buy Your Houseplants
If you’re looking to purchase a houseplant for your home interior, consider Woodie’s Approved collection of houseplants from Garden Goods Direct. As America’s number one online garden center, we offer a broad selection of houseplants, along with the advice you need to keep them healthy. From Aloe Vera to ZZ Plants, we have every houseplant you could want, all available from our online store and ready to be shipped to your door. Order your houseplant from Garden Goods Direct today!