Snake Plants for Sale Online
If you're looking for an easy to grow houseplant, it doesn't get much easier than snakeplant. Whether you call it Snakeplant, Sanseveria, Mother-in-laws tongue or Snake Plant there are very few indoor plants that are easier to grow. Snakeplants are perfect for any home, apartment or office. They thrive in low-light including fluorescent lights in windowless offices.
Snakeplants an ideal plant for indoor homes and offices because it is a superb air purifier. NASA studies have consistently shown the plant to remove toxins such as formaldehyde, xylene, toluene, and nitrogen oxides. Of all the well-known oxygen-producing plants, Snakeplants are unique since it converts a lot of CO2 (carbon dioxide) to O2 (oxygen) at night, making them ideal plants to have in your bedroom.
Check out Woodies' video about diffrent types of snakeplants on Youtube!
Types of Snake Plants:
Sharkfin Snake Plant
Snake Plant Shark Fin is a new variation of the normal Snake Plant with a unique shape and style that is extremely low maintenance. The leaves of this houseplant are tall, wide, and variegated resembling a shark fin, hence the name. These plants can withstand droughts and fluorescent light without a second thought.
Black Coral Snake Plants
Snake Plant Black Coral has silver and green variegated foliage that reaches about 36 inches. Leaves appear from the center of the plant, and growth is near-vertical without branching. Pups or new Snake Plants appear in the same container as the mother plant and are sent out on runners underground.
Moonshine Snake Plant
Snake Plant Moonshine has silvery-green foliage that reaches a maximum of about 16 inches. It stays extremely compact.
Cylindrical Snake Plant
Cylindrical Snake Plant has gray-green rounded foliage that can reach up to 48 inches.
Starfish Snake Plant
Starfish Snake Plant has silvery-green foliage that reaches a maximum of about 10 inches. It stays extremely compact. Pups, or new “Starfish Arms” appear in the same container as the mother plant and are sent out on runners underground.
Laurentii Snake Plant
Snake Plant Laurentii or Mother in Law’s Tongue is a simple, elegant houseplant that is extremely low maintenance. These plants can withstand droughts and fluorescent light without a second thought. Interesting Gold edged leaves make this plant a true standout.
Produces dark green leaves with light green mottling. As the narrow leaves mature, they arch outward slightly.
We offer many more types of Snakeplants and are constantly adding to our catalog.
Care Tips for Keeping Snakeplants Healthy and Happy
Plant care for Snakeplants is almost too easy. The list below contains tips for keeping your plants healthy and happy.
- Light: Understanding the light requirements of Snakeplants is simple. Snake Plant will grow in just about any room of your home or office. Sansevierias tolerate low light but snake plants grow fastest when they are grown in bright conditions.
- Watering: As long as you water Snakeplants now and again they will remain very happy. it's tough to underwater this Snake Plants. Water snakeplants when the top inch or so of the soil dries. Snakeplants would rather not be watered than to be watered weekly.
- Temperature: Snakeplants do not like cold drafts or temperatures below 55 degrees. Be sure to keep them away from drafty windows or vents.
- Soil: A well-drained soil is recommended. We recommend Espoma Organic Potting Mix. We have found this soil to retain the perfect amount of moisture needed for Snake Plants to thrive
- Fertilizer: Snake plants don't require much fertilizer, but will grow a little more if they are fertilized a couple of times during the spring and summer. Feed your aglaonema plants with a slow-release fertilizer such as Osmocote Plus indoor/outdoor fertilizer. If you prefer to feed as you water we recommend Jack's Classic Houseplant special plant food. However, there are endless types of houseplant fertilizers available today and if you have one you prefer to use that.
As long as you water it now and again, it's tough to underwater this hardy houseplant. Water the snake plant when the top inch or so of the soil dries. Take care not to overwater it -- allow the top inch of the potting mix to dry in between waterings.
If you’re looking to purchase a Snake Plants for your home or office interior, consider Woodie’s Approved collection of Snake Plants from Garden Goods Direct. As America’s number one online garden center, we offer a broad selection of houseplants, along with advice from our customer service plant experts you need to keep them healthy. From Aglaonema to ZZ Plants, we have a vast range of house plants, all available from our online store. Buy your Snake Plants online from Garden Goods Direct today!